Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Soap
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on the affiliate link and buy an item, I’ll receive commissions.
- Dr. Bronner’s unscented soap is a traditional soap made of organic plant oils, and, hence, is safe.
- The soap is highly concentrated and must be diluted before use. (See the dilution instructions on the bottle.)
- It can be used for washing babies, hands, handwashing dishes (in soft water), handwashing delicates, mopping, all-purpose cleaning, windows, toilets, dog washing, fruit and veggie rinse, and bug and ant spraying. Whether it will work well for all these different purposes will depend on your preferences, skin/hair type, and water hardness.
- Dr. Bronner’s offers scented soap, too: some kinds are scented with essential oils and others – with natural fragrance. My first choice is unscented soap. If you prefer scented products and are not sensitive to essential oils, try the essential-oil-scented options. However, I wouldn’t go for those scented with natural fragrance (you can find out why – here).
- I used Dr. Bronner’s unscented soap for cleaning and found it effective at removing dirt and impurities. As for manual dishwashing, soap, in general, does not work well in hard water: it doesn’t lather well and leaves residue on the dishes. With hard water, I experienced difficulties using this soap for dishes, but after we installed a water softener, it worked fine.
- At present, my favorite cleaning product is Branch Basics Concentrate that needs to be diluted, too. It’s not soap-based and, therefore, should work well even in hard water. Plus, Branch Basics carries glass bottles for your diluted solutions for multiple purposes. To learn what my Savvy Consumer Circle member’s husband said about Branch Basics, take a look here.
Dr. Bronner’s unscented soap is sold on Amazon and iHerb. I prefer iHerb because, first, their packaging is eco-friendly, without any plastic. Second, they don’t sell through resellers, which reduces the risk of a counterfeit. Plus, by shopping on iHerb through my link, you will get $5 off your first purchase and 5% off your next orders.